Sig typically rolls out a few new models every summer which helps break up the mundane lack of launches (until SHOT Show). This summer they're rolling out a pair of 1911's and a new engraved P238.
The newest additions to the 1911 line are the 1911 Nitron Super Target and the 1911 Stainless Super Target, both chambered in .45 ACP.
The pair of new pistols will share similar features except the finish and grips. The Nitron model will have Walnut grips and the stainless will have Scandic Birch grips. MSRP is $2055 for either model.
The part number on the Nitron model is 1911-45-B-STGT and the stainless version is 1911-45-S-STGT.
- Fiber optic front sight
- Adjustable target rear sight
- Serrated slide top
- Stainless steel frame (stainless or Nitron finish)
- Stainless steel slide (stainless or Nitron finish)
- Skeletonized combat hammer
- Sig engraving mark on left side of slide
- Lightweight skeletonized trigger
- Front strap checkering
- Custom wood grips with integrated magwell
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Overall length: 8.7 in
- Overall height: 5.5 in
- Overall width: 1.4 in
- Barrel length: 5.0 in
- Sight radius: 6.5 in
- Weight with magazine: 41.6 oz
- Frame material: stainless
- Frame finish: Nitron or stainless depending on model
- Slide material: stainless
- Slide finish: Nitron or stainless depending on model
- Magazine capacity: 8 rounds
- Trigger: SAO
- Trigger pull: 5.0 lbs
Below are the Sig catalog sheets on the Nitron model: